Re: tetex and texlive: changes in Debian?

Tyler Smith wrote:
On 2007-07-06, Russell L. Harris <rlharris@oplink.net> wrote:
* H.S. <hs.samix@gmail.com> [070706 14:21]:
Tyler Smith wrote:
On 2007-07-06, H.S. <hs.samix@gmail.com> wrote:
If you search the list you'll find several threads about people
switching from tetex to texlive now, which is generally painless.
Thanks for the explanation. I will probably wait and let things settle
on their own.
Things just don't "settle on their own".
The safe procedure is simply to uninstall tetex, making sure to tell
the package tool (apt-get, aptitude, or synaptic) to PURGE the
configuration files.

I thought the tetex packages were in the process of becoming
transitional packages that would handle the switch from tetex to
texlive for users, much like firefox automagickly replaced itself with
iceweasel. Not that that convinced me not to do the switch manually,
but for the patient why won't this 'settle on it's own'?

I've asked that question before and never got an answer.
I now use Sid and use a script to install all the packages.
That script now installs tetex and which apt replaces with texlive.

But my question was: how long before installing tetex will actually cause "package not found" because the tetex -> texlive transfer is not one to one. Where is there a description of what tetex package corresponds to the right texlive package?

Hugo