Re: installation of jdk 1.5 in linux 9.0

Souvik Chakravarty wrote:
i am absolutely new to linux..so can any one tell me the procedure to
install jdk 1.5 in linux....specially the path

I typically download it from java.com, and then extract it to /usr/local, and then symlink to any needed executables to /usr/local/bin.

I also symlink the plugin to /usr/lib/iceweasel/plugins.

Your question is a bit vague, and I suspect my answer is a bit vague also. If this doesn't address your issue, feel free to re-port with additional info/questions.

--
Kent