Re: svn checkout via a web-browser?

On 7/3/07, Vincent Lefevre <vincent@vinc17.org> wrote:
On 2007-07-03 16:26:40 +0200, Tshepang Lekhonkhobe wrote:
> On 7/3/07, Vincent Lefevre <vincent@vinc17.org> wrote:
>> On 2007-07-03 13:40:47 +0200, Tshepang Lekhonkhobe wrote:
>> > Me have been struggling to access a subversion repo (svn checkout
>> > svn.gnome.org/svn/tracker/trunk) due to being behind a proxy server. I
>> > wonder if there's a way to download such repos without having an svn
>> > client since I can access the web with a web-browser.
>>
>> Only if your web browser is a also svn client. But if it isn't, why
>> don't you install a svn client?
>
> I failed: http://lists.debian.org/debian-user/2007/07/msg00075.html
> And help didn't help:

You'll probably have the same problem with a web browser having a
svn client extension. With a proxy server that filters some method,
you can't access all the web, and changing the client won't solve
your problem. If you control the web server itself, perhaps you can
try something like SSH over HTTP (if CONNECT is allowed).

It's interesting to note that I tried TortoiseSVN which runs on
Windows and worked without a breeze. This leads me to think that the
web server (which I dodn't control) does accept svn requests.
The company network is run by Windows.

--
my place on the web:
floss-and-misc.blogspot.com