After upgrade to etch/stable:JEdit does not run and others

Hi All,

today, I updated from etch-pre[?] to etch stable.
Now, the java-based JEdit does not start. You'll get a short mousepointer,
thats all. And I am not able to understand the java-relationship. There
seems to be no sun-java.

Additionally, the Mono's docviewer, monodoc also crashes short after showing
it's GUI.

Another nol solved problem is:X sees my screen as LCD, which it is not and I
cannot change screen-refresh [it's set to ugly 60Hz]. There seems no
configuration setting for the screen.

Any help is really very welcome!
Best regards,
mabra