Re: xterm fonts

* Deboo ^ (knowledgeful@gmail.com) wrote:
> I installed a minimal X sysetm with fluxbox and xterm and two other
> terminal emulators: eterm and mrxvt. But all three of them give very
> small fonts. WIth xterm, I was able to get a reasonable font with the
> HUGE option in the right-click menu but I need bigger fonts. How do
> you exactly specify bigger fonts with xterm? I am aware it's possible
> with -f or -fn option but what comes after that? Say I wan a 10x20
> font? it doesn't work just by typing -f 10x20

You could try putting something like this in your .Xdefaults:

xterm*font: 10x20

Every xterm opened will then use that font.  That is how I have set my
fonts, but I don't switch them around or anything, so it may not work
so well for you.

> Also how to use the dektop icons that DSL is able to use with fluxbox?
> I already installed fbdesk but it seems of no use at all or is it
> buggy?

Perhaps you would like idesk.  It used to be very good, with support for
translucent icons and so on.  Haven't used it lately though, so it may
not be so nice these days.

Patrick