Re: usb/cups printer problem after etch upgrade

Florian Kulzer-3 wrote:

> As far as I understand udev, it should always use the lowest free lpX
> node for a new printer.

That's just the problem, it doesn't always. If it did that consistently,
nobody would have had a problem when upgrading from devfs/hotplug. It looks
to me as though we have "upgraded" from something that was stable and worked
(despite having some theoretical deficiencies) to something that is
bug-ridden and unsuitable for general use (despite being theoretically
wonderful).