Re: GRUB duplicates kernel entries in menu.lst

you mean you get multiple entries for the recovery mode of the *same*
kernel? e.g. three recovery mode entries for 2.6.18-4

Yes.

or are you just worried about multiple kernel entries in general. That
is controlled by the "howmany=" statement in menu.lst.

No, I frequently try different kernel setup so I always have 3, 4 or more kernels installed and multiple kernel entries in menu.lst
As you can guess this lead me to have duplicates for each installed kernel and a 60kb menu.lst

raffaele