Re: HP/Compaq DL380 G2 advice/help sought

On Fri, May 11, 2007 at 10:06:16PM +0100, Kelly Harding wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've just aquired a HP/compaq DL380 G2 server, with 2Gb RAM and 2x36Gb hard
> drives.
>
> I was wondering if anyone on the list has any experience with installing
> Debian on this hardware and know
> of any pitfalls, etc I should be aware of?
>
> Any other suggestions greatly appreciated.

We have some of these at work, though they all run RHEL3.  I do recall
that the cciss driver in the 2.4.21 RedHat kernel drives the internal
RAID.  I'm not sure when it started showing up in stock or other distro
kernels, but the same driver is also in the Etch stock kernel.

Regards,

-Roberto

--
Roberto C. Sánchez