Re: Affecting Institutional Change (Yeah Right)

John Hassler <jhasler@debian.org> wrote:
> Amy Templeton wrote:
> > Well, sweet! So the impression I'm getting is that reverse
> > engineering is basically protected by law?

> When done for interoperability.

> > So that means that I could use decoder programs without fearing
> > that they may become illegal?

> No.

Oh well. Well, in that case, I stand by my original position:  I do
not want to get used to depending on decoders if I can't have some
degree of assurance they'll be available later.

On a positive note, I recently did actually get through to someone
(next year she plans not to use any .docs on her little area on the
school website)!

Amy

--
I wouldn't be so paranoid if you weren't all out to get me!!