Re: How do yo u install minimal X with fluxbox on Etch?

On 5/11/07, Kevin Mark <kevin.mark@verizon.net> wrote:
On Fri, May 11, 2007 at 02:42:31PM +0530, Deboo ^ wrote:
> Even though I do not need to install X on my new Etch console system,
> I would like to know how do you install X, is there some new way.
>
> How to install a minimal X so that if I need to run some remove X
> apps, I can, with ssh.
>
> Regards,
> Deboo
Debian has an X metapackage called 'xorg'
'apt-cache show xorg' will show all the dependencies for xorg.
'apt-get install xorg' will install it.
But you may want to investigate some non-X framebuffer apps like fbxine.
It will display movies like xine but without X using a framebuffer.
There are other fb programs.

And how much space does a minimal xorg take?

Regards,
Deboo

--
Please don't Cc: me, I'm subscribed to the list.