Re: Help Installing sun-java6-ce

On 05/10/07 20:03, Paulo Tioseco wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am trying to install the sun-java6-jdk in may Debian machine but it
> won't install.
>
> ====
> agila@ssp:~$ sudo apt-get install sun-java6-jdk
> Password:
> Reading package lists... Done
> Building dependency tree... Done
> Package sun-java6-jdk is not available, but is referred to by another
> package.
> This may mean that the package is missing, has been obsoleted, or
> is only available from another source
> E: Package sun-java6-jdk has no installation candidate
> ====
>
> I have already updated my sources.list file with this:
>
> ====
> agila@ssp:~$ cat /etc/apt/sources.list
> deb http://204.152.191.7/debian/ unstable main contrib non-free
> deb-src http://204.152.191.7/debian/ unstable main contrib non-free
>
> deb http://security.debian.org/ stable/updates main contrib non-free
> deb-src http://security.debian.org/ stable/updates main contrib non-
> free
> ====
>
> Did I miss anything or am I doing something wrong? Please advise.

Have you done an "apt-get update" lately?  Because installing
sun-java6-jdk works for me.

# apt-cache policy sun-java6-jdk
sun-java6-jdk:
  Installed: (none)
  Candidate: 6-00-2
  Version table:
     6-00-2 0
        500 ftp://mirrors.kernel.org unstable/non-free Packages

# apt-get install sun-java6-jdk
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree... Done
  sun-java6-bin sun-java6-jre
Suggested packages:
  sun-java6-demo sun-java6-doc sun-java6-source sun-java6-plugin
ia32-sun-java6-plugin sun-java6-fonts
  ttf-sazanami-gothic ttf-sazanami-mincho
  sun-java6-bin sun-java6-jdk sun-java6-jre
0 upgraded, 3 newly installed, 0 to remove and 116 not upgraded.
Need to get 42.0MB of archives.
After unpacking 125MB of additional disk space will be used.
Do you want to continue [Y/n]? N

- --
Ron Johnson, Jr.
Jefferson LA  USA