Re: hardware freezez and no clue where to start searching

AndiSHFR wrote:
Hi.

Maybe someone can give us a hint or direct us in the right direction.

We have a debian testing system. uname -a shows:

Linux sv-vmhost02 2.6.18-4-amd64 #1 SMP Mon Mar 26 11:36:53 CEST 2007
x86_64 GNU/Linux

The machine seems to freeze every n seconds for some seconds.
It can be easily seen when doing disk io.

---deleted examples---

Any idea where to start searching for?

Thx
Andi

You may need to look into kernel boot options, such as 'noapic', 'nolapic' or 'pci=off'.

These have all been suggested in various places for problems relating to AMD 64 kernels hanging in various ways, though none of the ways I've seen match what you're reporting. In those other cases the system hangs hard and has to be forcibly reset.

Bob