Re: X11 display terribly slow after upgrade

On Sun, 2007-04-22 at 20:46 +0200, Zlatko Calusic wrote:
> I'm using lenny/sid distribution. Few days ago, after Xorg packages
> got upgraded to 1.3.0, display became very slow. Every redrawing,
> every scroll, it's all slow. On one machine it's actually unusable
> (Radeon Xpress 200M), on this one (Radeon 9500 Pro) it's just very
> slugish and annoying, feels like I'm running on P166 (instead of
> E6600).

Works fine for me with Radeon 9500 Pro using the mesa/ati driver. Have
not used fglrx for a while.

It messin' with me at first, but it turns out I had some some old
manually moved or installed libdri stuff in a different directory than
is currently used that was conflicting, DOH!

But before I found that out I ran:

dpkg-reconfigure -plow xserver-xorg

: You might try that if it didn't ask you for any configuration when you
upgraded. I did notice also that even though on the reconfigure it asks
what modules to load, there is no module section in my xorg.conf file,
so it seems to be taking advantage of the new autodetection stuff, may
be an area to investigate.

Later, Seeker