Re: Which software to copy and edit video from MiniDV camcorder

Ron Johnson <ron.l.johnson@cox.net> writes:

> You don't tell us which branch (Sarge, Etch, testing, Sid) and
> version of kino that you are running.

Yes, sorry.  I use kino 0.92-3 on Debian testing.  I also forgot to
mention another detail, which might be the cause for my problems[1]:
The kino and Xserver run on different machines  The Xserver is also
Debian testing with current xorg.

In the meantime I also found out, that I can prevent kino from running
into this error, if I change "Display" in the Preferences from XVideo
to GDK.

> Also, there is a kino web site and forums that should be of more
> assistance to you.

Thanks for that hint.

urs

[1] It's a pity that there are so many programmers coming to linux
    with no unix background, who reinvent tools exisiting in unix for
    decades, who don't use existing libs, and who have a single user,
    personal computer in mind when designing and coding their software
    instead of a heterogenous, networked, multi-user environment,
    where people run processes distributed over machines and files
    systems, running remote shells and X clients.