Re: Speeding up boot time

Hmm.... I will try to get as much as possible here. As the system hasn't
booted fully till the error comes, I can't find a way to copy the
messages it gives. Essentially it stops due to inability to start
system/mountfs daemon (or service ?).
Hum... It would probably be more productive if you asked help on the initng mailing list. The only information I can give you is this:

If you issue ngc -6, you reboot your computer
If you issue ngc -l, you have a log. AFAIK, it works like this:
You issue ngc -l <opt>, and the system will execute option and save the log. For example, ngc -l -6 will reboot and save the log. Than you issue a simple ngc -l and get the log.

However, I believe the ngc -l only works if you are running initng...

There must be another way to get a log. Please post this on the initng mailing list.

Of course, I would simply take a picture with my digital camera...

 And if you are patient enough, you can simply copy with pencil and paper. You can press scroll lock to pause the boot.

/KS