Re: What is this kernel error?

On Sun, 2007-03-25 at 18:19 -0400, Rick Pasotto wrote:
> On Sun, Mar 25, 2007 at 05:27:32PM -0400, Kevin Mark wrote:
> > On Sun, Mar 25, 2007 at 10:59:22AM -0400, Rick Pasotto wrote:
> > > This showed up for the first time today:
> > >
> > > mnr kernel: [drm:via_verify_command_stream] *ERROR* Invalid / Unimplemented DMA HEADER command. 0x44357b40
> > >
> > > 'uname -a' gives:
> > >
> > > Linux mnr.niof.net 2.6.18-4-k7 #1 SMP Wed Feb 21 16:48:19 UTC 2007 i686 GNU/Linux
> > >
> > A little more context....
>
> What else do you need? What would be helpful?
>
> I'm uptodate on etch.
>
> This line has now shown up twice in my logcheck.

Well, you know more than we do. We don't even have the machine at our
disposal.

What he was asking for, are there any correlations based on activities
performed on the machine at the same time? Is this during boot or
shutdown? Is it during a suspend sequence? or a Wake sequence? What
about writing a CD/DVD? Is this a SCSI, IDE (PATA) or SATA machine? Do
you have more than one Monitor? Are you watching a DVD or some kind
streaming video? Is this due to a SUB storage device?

I could go on, but I hope you get the meaning as to "a little more
context..."

I've gone on and on and on about smart questions. Do you really want me
to post and ESR on your butt?
--
greg, greg@gregfolkert.net

the playfield. -- Thane Walkup