Re: OT: A Republican!!!!!! (was Re: OT: sponge burning!)

On Mon, 2007-03-19 at 20:29 -0400, Douglas Allan Tutty wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 19, 2007 at 07:56:39PM -0400, Greg Folkert wrote:
> > On Mon, 2007-03-19 at 19:27 -0400, Douglas Allan Tutty wrote:
> > >
> > > Now _minus_ 83, now that's bracing!  The high arctic is a desert too.
> > >
> > > Beards:  them that can, grow 'em; them that can't... live in Texas? :)
> > >
> > > BLT: Bannok, Lard, and Tea!
> >
> > Okay then, what is more bracing:
> >
> >         -40 degrees Celsius
> >         -40 degrees Fahrenheit
> >
> > Come on... I am waiting!
>
> They're the same, although "Celsius" sounds more like the sound ice
> crystals make when they hit your goggles.
>
> Any colder, and at least no one can complain that the mercury is
> falling.  Why? (come on.. I'm waiting) :)

The Celsius Thermometer wil drop significantly slower the the Fahrenheit
one. So the apparent Change for Fahrenheit scale will be much Colder
than the Celsius scale.

Brrrr, I am glad I use Fahrenheit as it goes FASTER!

Oh, MUCH colder would be -372 degrees Fa-Fa-Fahrenheit or if spoken at
that temperature would sound like:

No, it is blank.
--
greg, greg@gregfolkert.net