Re: How to reject spam with embedded graphics

Greg Folkert wrote in Article
<[🔎] 1173846729.5436.0.camel@princess.gregfolkert.net> posted to
gmane.linux.debian.user:

> On Tue, 2007-03-13 at 19:02 -0700, Paul Johnson wrote:
>> Michelle Konzack wrote in Article <[🔎] 20070313161632.GT2941@freenet.de>
>> posted to gmane.linux.debian.user:

>> > On SMTP level?
>> >
>> > You can test the incoming HEADER if it contain

>> Why do it this way when using spamassassin at SMTP time lets you reject
>> the spam regardless of content at SMTP time instead of using heuristics
>> that *will* come back to haunt you later?
>
> It depends on whether or not that haunt bothers you.

True, though from my experience, such restrictions will come back to burn
the support department if nothing else.  Sooner or later, someone's going
to need to send a screenshot and playing the "which mimetypes/file
extensions will go through all servers involved" game gets old every time:
Nobody wins.