proc not mounted, root read-only

Hi!

Having problem with mixed debian woody/sarge with 2.4.27-2-386 kernel.
If I boot to single mode everything is just fine. Issuing from single mode
"init 2" is also working OK. But when I boot regulary I get error:

Starting system log daemon: syslogdchmod: changing permissions of
'/dev/xconsole': Read-only file system
start-stop-daemon: nothing in /proc -not mounted?
Starting kernel log daemon: klogdstart-stop-daemon: nothing in /proc -not
mounted?

Some modules (ne) are also not loaded and network is not working. Host
name is not applied and proc is indeed empty.

Difference when starting normally and in single-mode is that in
single-mode everythime is done "Calculating modules dependencies".

--
Mirko Scurk