Re: grml can, why can't my Debian kernel do it?

On 3/7/07, Thomas H. George <lists@tomgeorge.info> wrote:
I complied a kernel from Debian linux-source-2.6.18.  On boot up the
system fails to find the dvdrw and cdrw drives and does not add hde and
hdf to the list of devices in /dev.  Only entries hda and hdb for the
two hard drives appear in /dev.

For me it seems, that some IDE controller is not supported.
hda/hdb/hdc/hde = controller 1, hde/hdf/hdg/hdh = controller 2.

What's your lspci and lsmod under grml? or maybe drivers are compiled
in kernel, then you would need to diff the kernel config files.

Regards,
Atis