Re: OT: Politics and other non-Debian ramblings

Celejar <celejar@gmail.com>:
>  On Thu, 8 Mar 2007 09:26:08 -0500
>  Curt Howland <Howland@priss.com> wrote:
>
>  [snip]
>
> > Democracy _sucks_. It makes all problems worse and solves nothing. At
> > least in a monarchy or oligarchy, the ruler has some small incentive
> > to pass on a prosperous nation to their successor. These "elected"
> > examples of sewage have incentive only to take every bit of loot they
> > can before their term in office is up.
> >
> > At least with a tyrant, they can't use the excuse, "Well, you elected
> > me. You must _want_ the rape you get."
>
>  What on earth are you talking about? Do you really mean that societies
>  are better off when governed by tyrants than when governed by
>  democratically elected governments?

"Governed by democratically elected governments", elected by
"sheeple"?  One's a singular tyrant, the other's a tyrant made up of
many.  There's a difference?

Democracy == Mobocracy.  Yes, Democracy sucks.  Somewhat less that
authoritarian/totalitarian, but not by much.  The standard is freedom
for the individual (all minorities are made up of individuals).

>  Do you think that this has been historically true WRT the actual
>  tyrants and actual democratic governments that the world has
>  experienced?

Pretty much.  Salem Mass. comes to mind.

(*)    http://www.spots.ab.ca/~keeling          Linux Counter #80292
       Spammers! http://www.spots.ab.ca/~keeling/emails.html