Re: Off-Topic Posts

Data: Captain, I'm picking up a super-thread in our course.
Riker: Data, don't you mean a super-string?
Data: No sir.  A super-thread.  This is more threatening than a
super-string.  This one is a specific type of super-thread known as an
off-topic super-thread.
Picard: Change course to avoid it.
Data: Sir, I do not think that will be adequate.  Off-topic
super-threads tend to multiply and branch out, change names, and it is
theorized they can eventually fill up an entire section of space or
user space, as it has been called in some cases, to the exclusion of
all else.
Wesley: He's correct sir.  Scanners show --
Picard: Shut up, Wesley!
Worf: Phasers and photon torpedoes online and ready.
Picard: Mr. Worf, I don't think that will be necessary.
Data: Sir, at the risk of contradicting a superior officer, Lt. Worf may
be correct.  Once an off-topic super-thread gets out of control, it
continues to multiply and branch out.  In the time we have discussed
this, the original one has branched out and mutated several times into
political off-topic super-threads, religious off-topic super-threads,
and many other times as well.  Since then several entirely new
off-topic super-threads have appeared as well, including one with the
name "Off-topic Posts."  This one seems to be an anti-super-thread, but
could likely evolve into an even more threatening super-thread than all
the off-topic super-threads put together.  Indeed...
Picard: Lt. Worf, fire phasers.