Re: Procmail recipe problems

On Mar 08 2007, S Scharf wrote:

> On 3/8/07, Arlie Stephens <arlie@worldash.org> wrote:
> >
> >The recipe that *usually* works, indented here for convenient reading.
> >
> >    # Debian User List
> >    :0H:
> >    * ^(To|Cc):.*debian-user
> >    -debian-user
> >

> Does running procmail with the VERBOSE flag reveal anything?

Good question. I'd forgotten that was possible, if I ever knew. Let's
see if I can figure out how to do it ;-) (Procmail is presently
running automatically, with whatever arguments postfix decides to pass
it ;-) However, I distinctly remember running it from the command
line, some years ago, when first figuring out how to use it ;-))

More info when I've figured that out. A quick scan of the procmail man
page isn't sufficient - neither for making it verbose nor for figuring
out how to get it to process mail from an existing file - so I may not
get farther data until after work today. (It's my home system that's
misbehaving, and I really ought to have left for work already.)

--
Arlie

(Arlie Stephens	                              arlie@worldash.org)