Re: wma player for firefox

On Wed, Mar 07, 2007 at 04:45:18PM +0100, Jonas Geiregat wrote:
> I'm using amazon to listen to cd's I might buy. But the mplayer plugin
> for firefox doesn't play the short pieces of music. I think it's the
> wma format , are there any players out there that might support this ?

Add the following line to your /etc/apt/sources.list file:

deb http://www.debian-multimedia.org etch main

Replace 'etch' with 'sarge' or 'sid', depending on which version of
Debian you're running.

Once you've done that, run:

apt-get update
apt-get install w32-codecs

If you're having trouble with mplayer as a firefox plugin (not sure if
it does that or not), you can also try gxineplugin.

Cheers,

Paul

--
Paul Dwerryhouse				| PGP Key ID: 0x6B91B584
A look at Ubuntu Server Edition: