Re: Lock down user account in Debian/Gnome

On Mar 5, 2007, at 6:20 PM, Greg Vickers wrote:

Hi all,

I am building a couple of PCs which will be used for public Internet access in a small library. These PCs will also be on the same physical network as the 'office' PCs. Obviously I'd like these PCs to have seriously restricted access to the local network, what I'd like to know is can anyone recommend a resource to me on locking down public access Debian-based Linux computers?

It would seem to me that your best bet would be to spend $50 for a firewall. I'm told Linksys makes one that can run Debian Linux.

Rick