Re: make-kpkg makes HUGE kernel packages??

hi

obviously a half-gig-sized kernel package is not optimal, i'd very much
like to figure out what's going on here... also i should say that the
after the build process, the source directory becomes enormous -- 2.7
gigs with ubuntu's 2.6.20 as opposed to a more restrained 700megs back
in the old days.

so, if anyone's seen anything like this before... please let mek now!
thanks,

matt

never seen before... on debian ;-)
I frequently recompile kernel, recently with 2.6.18 sources, but source dir is around 500-600Mb, initrd.img and vmlinuz range are ~4.5Mb and ~1.5Mb respectively.

I think you need Manoj Srivastava help fot this

cheers

--
Matt Price
History Dept