Re: DST switch in US now early

On 3/6/07, Ron Johnson <ron.l.johnson@cox.net> wrote:
On 03/06/07 15:09, Michael Marsh wrote:
> Interestingly, some versions of date (it might depend on the specific
> changes to the tzdata file) will give you an "invalid date" error for
> 2am on the 11th.  That's what I see on Sid, but RHEL3 will happily
> display 2am on the 11th as 3am.
But 2AM isn't 3AM.

True, but it's interesting that it differs how date handles this
corner case.  Since the system clock is using seconds sinch the epoch,
most people are unlikely to see this crop up.  I could imagine a
script that tries to create an appropriate date string, but does it
naively.

--
Michael A. Marsh
http://www.umiacs.umd.edu/~mmarsh