Re: Where to put scripts

On Tue, Mar 06, 2007 at 05:41:03PM +0000, Olafur Jens Sigurdsson wrote:

> I think /usr/local/bin would be the place to put them, but then
> someone who is privelaged to do so must take care of it.

I agree that /usr/local/bin is the best place (with maybe
/usr/local/sbin for things designed for admins).  IIRC, the default
Debian configuration lets members of the staff group write to
/usr/local.  So, if the developers need write access to /usr/local to
deploy their scripts, you can make them members of the staff group.

Regards,

-Roberto

--
Roberto C. Sanchez