Re: DVD ripping/copying/demacroing/deregionalizing

On Mon, 2007-03-05 at 21:55 +0100, Mathias Brodala wrote:
> You mean DVDShrink and you can run it through WINE. Not sure if it works like on
> Windows systems, though.

I've ran it through crossover office - not through vanilla wine though.
It does work, but there are limitations.  For one thing, it didn't see
the DVD-ROM, and the file browser also didn't work (just showed up
empty) but it could open an ISO.

So I used vobcopy -m to grab (and decrypt) the files, k3b to dump it in
an ISO, and then use DVDShrink to squeeze it onto a 4.4gb DVD.

There is a native linux tool called k3copy.   It works quite well, quite
fast too.  DVDShrink seems to give slightly better quality copies,
although it was hard to tell on my old CRT screen

Hans