Re: webcalendar with PHP5

On Sun, Mar 04, 2007 at 08:08:34PM +0100, Lukas Ruf wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> using etch, I would like to make use of webcalendar on my Apache 2
> webserver that runs smoothly with PHP5.
>
> webcalendar requires PHP4.
>
> Any suggestion on how to solve this issue?
>
> Thanks!
>
> wbr,
> Lukas
> --
> Lukas Ruf   <http://www.lpr.ch> | Ad Personam
> rbacs      <http://wiki.lpr.ch> | Restaurants, Bars and Clubs
> Raw IP   <http://www.rawip.org> | Low Level Network Programming
> Style  <http://email.rawip.org> | How to write emails

Hi Lukas,

According to the webcalendar documentation at the sourgeforge project
page, it runs with php5. There seems to be a wishlist bug against the
webcalendar package (#393832) concerning running it with php5. You could
try the same work around as the submitter of that bug, i.e. get the
Debian source package, edit the debian/control and rebuild.

Please note also that webcalendar was removed from etch as of 2006-12-25
and it has been uploaded back to sid on 2007-02-22. I'm not sure, if it
will exist in etch at all, as etch is currently frozen? Anybody?

Simo
--
:r ~/.signature