Re: Upgrades vs Reinstalls (was Re: sarge/woody upgrade - boot problem)

On Thu, 2007-03-01 at 23:17 -0800, Arlie Stephens wrote:

> Well, I'm not exactly the world's most experienced systems
> administrator - in fact, the term "incompetent amateur" is perhaps
> more like it ;-)  So it might be a bit more onerous for me than for
> others.

I've been running Etch for some months now and don't find it
particularly hard to keep up with, especially now of course when it's in
code freeze.  But even before, no more than once-or-twice-weekly updates
were really necessary.  OTOH, I did find Sid too much too keep up with
when I tried it for a while -- the sheer volume of updates was kinda
overwhelming.

These of course are entirely subjective evaluations ... what seems
reasonable to one person will seem burdensome to another.  I just
thought I'd throw in a little encouragement for you to "think about
it." :-)  You won't really know until you try.

--
Michael M. ++ Portland, OR ++ USA
"No live organism can continue for long to exist sanely under conditions