Re: Firestarter VS Shorewall

On Thu, Mar 01, 2007 at 09:50:02AM -0800, Jordi wrote:
> I saw that shorewall can have a GUI if I also install Webmin.
>
> Is Webmin a good tool to install? has some kind of disavantage? Is it
> better to not use webmin?

Personally, I don't like webmin as it insulates too much from you.  If
you have many diverse machines to administer (e.g., some Solaris, mixed
with RedHat, mixed with Debian, mixed with BSD), then Webmin is probably
good, since it gives you a more "common" administrative interface.
Other than that, it will only prevent you from learning the inner
workings of your system.

Regards,

-Roberto

--