Re: OT

Paul Johnson wrote:
> I'm also willing to take a less lucrative offer for a more comfortable work
> environment.  There's something to be said about the ease of which one's
> livelihood is made after all:  Why take a job that makes life miserable if
> another will pay almost as well and give you some professional lattitude?

    You're presuming we're not already at the less lurcrative work environment
for other reasons.  In my experience in IT the more money you make the more
freedom you're given with the equipment.  The less money you make, the less
freedom.  So you'd have to move up the IT ladder, not down, to get the freedom
to do your own thing.  Yes, there are exceptions that test the rule, but they
only do so because there is a rule to test.