Sponsor for project on alioth wanted

Dear all,

As some of you might remember, some of the debian users on this list
discussed a few weeks ago about the creation of documentation aimed at
computer novices. One first step into this direction was the
registration of a project with alioth (which we called novice-doc).
Unfortunately the project was denied because I, as the submitter, am
not a Debian developer. It was suggested by the alioth admins that with
a Debian developer sponsoring the project we could get the approval
before creating a package of our docs.

If there is a Debian developer interested in sponsoring this project we
would appreciate the support.

I would like to point out that this project is not meant to replace or
compete with other docs (like the Debian Reference), but to provide
an introduction to users without (significant) prior knowledge of
Debian, Linux or even computers in general.

Any comments appreciated.

Regards,
Andrei
(Albert Einstein)