how to send files from a pc to my home server and viceversa

Hello

Yesterday I was able to run my server. I have 2 computers at home, one
is server and the other is not. Both are connected to router. One uses
Xubuntu and the other Windows XP.
I know Xubuntu is not Debian but it is based on it. Few people in
Xubuntu know how to do this, I asked, no solution was found to me.

What do you recommend me to send files between them? I mean, send
files from the server to the other to save backups, and from the XP to
the server to send files for anything.

To make a ftp server? Or what?
Thanks again

Jordi