Re: Attracting newbies (Was Booting Debian/testing fails)

Andrei Popescu wrote:
On Tue, 06 Feb 2007 15:58:10 -0500
Michael Pobega <pobega@gmail.com> wrote:

Andrei Popescu wrote:
On Tue, 06 Feb 2007 15:06:11 -0500
Michael Pobega <pobega@gmail.com> wrote:

Where is the graphical installer, anyway? I'd love to try it out
myself, I haven't got the chance (I just used NetInstall's default
curses installer).
Just boot with 'installgui' or 'expertgui'.

I've had bad experiences with Kubuntu myself. I convinced my
brother to try it, but it would freeze at loading KDE. He was
pretty disappointed and gave up. Now I want to give it another try
with etch as I am more experienced and I know Debian much better
anyway.

Regards,
Andrei
Ah, that's pretty cool. I found a screenshot here:
http://www.cyberciti.biz/tips/wp-content/uploads/2006/08/debian-testing-gui-installer-paritition-disks-2.png

Is expertgui a seperate GUI from curses? I can't seem to find
anything on google about it (And I don't have the Debian NetInstall
CD to boot at the moment)

The gui (expert or normal) is separate from the ncurses installer.

Regards,
Andrei
P.S. Please don't CC me, I read the list.
I always thought you were supposed to respond to messages as "Reply All", but I'll get out of that habit. Sorry about that.