portmap segfault?

Howdy folks!

I've been investigating an issue we're having over here and I can't seem
to find anything on the web about it, so I'm asking you fine folks :)

A couple of days ago one of our servers was having some strange nfs
locking issues, and I noticed portmap wasn't running (and therefore,
neither was lockd)

I rebooted the server (since starting portmap and nfs-common didn't seem
to register lockd according to rpcinfo -p) and it was fine for a while.
 Then I noticed portmap again wasn't running, so I rebooted it again and
this time attached an strace to figure out what was crashing it.  The
last few lines from the strace are in the attached file (I didn't want
line-wrapping to cause havok!)

Anyone have any idea what might be causing this?  I saw a bug about
portmap getting a SIGPIPE[1] and was hoping that was what was happening,
but unfortunately, that wasn't it.

I'm completely at a loss here... has anyone seen this issue before, or
know what might be causing it?

Some info about our setup:
debian 3.1
portmap 5-9
custom 2.6 kernel with grsec
NFS servers are netapp and coraid filers.  Other machines mounting these
filers are fine, although we do have other machines on *other* filers
that are having nfs issues, but I haven't pinpointed the problems on
those machines to this issue (they're next on my list, however!)

If anyone has any ideas, or if there's more information you need from me
that might help, please let me know.

Thanks, and have a great day :)

-Jeremy

Links: