Re: Debian, Iceweasel, Firefox

Piotr Dziubinski wrote:
I'm very irritated and disappointed with your policy! Why?

I've used various Linux distributions for 8 years. I've been using Debian for the last 6 months, but today I changed my mind!

After updating Firefox in Debian I realized that Firefox is no longer present in my operating system!
Instead of it, I have this trashy and xxxx Iceweasle.
F.u...k, #%&%$@% 5^%^*(@ %$&$%&^$

Oki, I can install my favorite Firefox from other packages, but do you realize, that I would like to be asked if I want to use this f..u...k...ng %^*( *&##$$ ^&^%& Iceweasle instead of Firefox?

Good luck with using losers... ups I mean: losing users! :P

Ex-Debian user...
... back to the Gentoo

Iceweasel IS Firefox just renamed because of licensing issues with Mozilla.
Facts about Debian and Mozilla® Firefox®
http://web.glandium.org/blog/?p=97

You may also want to READ:
Debian Social Contract
http://www.debian.org/social_contract

Debian -- What Does Free Mean?
http://www.debian.org/intro/free

Heck if it bothers you that much simply edit general.useragent.extra.firefox to Firefox/2.0.0.1 instead of saying Iceweasel

Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.8.1.1) Gecko/20061205 Firefox/2.0.0.1 (Debian-2.0.0.1+dfsg-2)

Good Luck with Gentoo.