Re: Can't post to list with mutt/exim4?!

On Mon, Jan 29, 2007 at 05:04:54PM +0100, Marcus Blumhagen wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have got some trouble posting to this list using my prefered MUA mutt
> (1.5.13-1.1) and MTA exim4-daemon-light (4.63-12).
>
> But when I use IceDove it works just fine.

Then your MTA (exim4) looks like its working fine.

> Here is what I think is happening:
>
> Some of the headers are not correctly added respectively removed, when
> sending with mutt/exim, so my messages don't get through the Spam filter.
> So I compared the headers provided by icedove to those of exim and did some
> changes to my exim-config, so they now look pretty similar.

Can you send a local mail to yourself from mutt?
Can you send a mail to yourself via the internet from mutt?

You should get a message back from your ISP's MTA if it doesn't work
which should provide a clue as to what the problem is.

Could be a setting in your .muttrc.

For example I have:
# Uncomment if some MTA's reject mail :-(
#set use_envelope_from=yes
#set envelope_from_address="username@yourisp.mumble"

But it works fine for me commented, but I think you will need
alternates "username@yourisp.mumble"

Also check /etc/exim4/email-addresses and make sure you are added there.

Post back if still having problems.

--
Chris.
======