Re: Debian, Iceweasle, Firefox!

Paul Johnson wrote:
> I would argue that if the value of your User-Agent string affects browsing
> habits, then the bug is with the website, not the browser.

    This is a battle you, and anyone else who thinks like you, is going to
lose.  Opera has had user agent munging for it's entire existence precisely
because of these bugs in the website.  That's 10 years and counting.  It also
isn't just some rinky-dink sites that exclude based on the user string.
Banks, large news sites, places people generally want to visit on a daily
basis do so.  Quite frankly Firefox is lucky to often be on the inside of that
blockade.

    Changing the user agent line should not be taken lightly nor forced upon
people without providing them with a simple method of reporting something the
websites want to see.