Re: Debian, Iceweasle, Firefox!

On Sun, Jan 28, 2007 at 04:52:36PM -0800, Steve Lamb wrote:

>     I think his point wasn't so much the version number as the name in front
> of it.  Websites don't know what Iceweasel is, they do know what Firefox is.

I think that such a thing is bad.  I understand the purpose behind the
name change.  But a browser that claims to be a Firefox-alike should
function as much like Firefox as possible.  To me that means not messing
with the useragent string.  That sort of thing is generally hidden from
users and not likely to be easy to figure out/fix for many users in the
case of a problem.

Regards,

-Roberto

--