Re: top post fixer?

On Wed, Jan 24, 2007 at 08:57:07PM -0500, Joey Hess wrote:
> Personally, I feel this hardcoding of colors in the application is a
> downside of X.

    One of the few visual things I miss from OS/2.  There I had my apps set to
white on black and they all behaved properly.  Colors were set in the OS'
configuration not the application's.  The apps could override, obviously, but
their default was the OS' settings.  Combine that with a quick way to switch
color schemes (which OS/2 had) and you could easily have your desire for
different color schemes based on the lighting conditions you were operating
under.