Re: where is the bash documentation in info format ?

John C wrote:

Debian is and has been my distribution for many years primarially because it is (was?) the most *GNU* distribution available.

Have we changed?

The Debian folks decided the GFDL is not a free license, so they are in the process of moving all documents with that license out of main and into non-free. The rationale is found here:

http://people.debian.org/~srivasta/Position_Statement.xhtml

This has nothing to do with DRM media.

Removing ``offensive'' docs from main is a higher priority than reinserting them in non-free. In the case of the emacs manual there was a delay of a week or so between removal and subsequent reinstatement.

Once the process is complete I guess it won't be an issue. Everyone who wants to read the manuals will enable the non-free repos, and anyone that finds them unethical will never need to see them again.

Tyle