Re: local network with twisted rj45

Russell L. Harris a écrit :
> * Baron Christophe <christop_baron@yahoo.fr> [070117 20:56]:
> > I would need information on how to configure a local network between
> > two computers with only a twisted rj45.
>
> Why mess around with a special crossover cable?  Ethernet switches

Is it really more messy? I have no information about this.

> have become so inexpensive that hardly anyone purchases an ethernet
> hub, so you likely can find someone to give you a hub without charge.
> And an ethernet switch (which can handle more traffic than can a hub)
> can be purchased for US $5 to $10.
>
> The nice thing about a switch or hub is that (1) it allows you to use
> common straight cables and (2) it has an LED which gives you a visual
> indication of the amount of traffic flowing.
>
> RLH

Yes, but nothing is going through the line for now, and I would like
it to do something. Learning and understanding before
only buying more (if possible).

Would it be different if it was straight with a switch?

I would first like to ping with the devices I do have now.

But if it is actualy harder to do it with twisted paires,
I will do as you say. Until then I'll just wait for
further information.

And documentation.

Ch.