Re: Purge Hotplug?

On 1/16/07, Anthony Campbell <ac@acampbell.org.uk> wrote:
<...snip...>
> Seems like udev is handling everything now.  Use dpkg -P hotplug to
> purge, though you might get unexpected results on boot. For instance,
> I had to modify my hard drives from hda --> sda   because of the
> change for hotplug to udev (I guess they use a different naming
> scheme).

I'm still using hotplug on my Thinkpad to make the wireless card work.
In fact, I'm holding my version of hotplug because when in the past I've
upgraded to the version in Unstable it has not worked.  I did once
fiddle with udev but retired defeated.
<...snip...>

For the wireless card you could try ndiswrapper in Etch.  I have 3
different cards and they all work with "ndiswrapping" their respective
windows drivers (if interested do a google on ndiswrapper and go to
the wiki, or feel free to email me directly for instructions on this
program)

Cheers

-Cisco

GIT - Guru-In-Training