Re: [OT/Sometimes Windows is better] Horrible GNOME File Picker (Was: Open (helper application chooser) for iceweasel/icedove is too simple)

Cybe R. Wizard said...
> marc <gmane@auxbuss.com>  said:
> > > But I don't know what you mean by the two pane setup sentence.
> > > Krusader has that by default.
> >
> > As I said, I use Krusader, but its limited layout options is a good
> > example of what not to do, imo. IOW, a good example to learn from.
>
> Have any of you tried xfe?

Yes. Same problem really: no tree-pane-tree-pane view.

At least it's nice and speedy and doesn't do the "mime tragic" thing :-)
Then again, bizarrely, it ignores some of my .gvimrc settings when
launching gvim. No idea why that is. But hey, it opens text files in vim
rather than deciding that they are html files and opening them in konq -
even though my default browser is Firefox!

--
Cheers,
Marc