Re: apt-get update failing at 99%

On Sun, Jan 07, 2007 at 05:37:38PM -0500, Roberto C. Sanchez wrote:
> On Sun, Jan 07, 2007 at 05:16:27PM -0500, Tom Allison wrote:
> > I am running into this repeatedly on one machine in particular.
> >
> > I don't have a memory problem (apt::cache or hardware).
> > I've been able to run apt-get update on other boxes in the same network and
> > it works OK.  But this keeps stopping at 99% and appears to hang.
> >
> > And while apt-get update is hung, I can still access aptitude -- so there's
> > no lock file...
> >
> I believe that no one on the list is clairvoyant, so an exact error
> message or something like that would be most helpful.

HA! I'm clairvoyant! I can see that you didn't read the OP properly
;-P

So does it *appear* to hang or actually hang? how long does it hang?

what mirror are you using? is it the same as the other machines? try a
different mirror. is this machine running the same versions as the
others? can you aptitude update?

IOW, despite my poking at Roberto, you're not giving us much info, or
apparently trying to diagnose this much yourself...

one thing you might do is move your apt cache out of the way and try
again.