Re: Etch becoming slower than Sarge?

On Sun 2007-01-07 02:31:48 -0500, Kamaraju Kusumanchi wrote:
> On Sunday 07 January 2007 02:13, David Hart wrote:
>
> > > Besides being memory hungry, KDE applications spit out all sorts of
> > > errors both on the konsole terminal and in .xsession-errors. Wonder if
> > > etch has been tested as much as it should be...
> >
> > Are you sure they're not warnings rather than errors?
>
> Sorry! They are warnings and not errors. Neverthless they are very irritating.
> For example, these numerous warnings in .xsession-erors makes it difficult to
> look for more serious errors etc.,

I agree.  Maybe someone on the list knows of a config setting for this?

But perhaps this is a gnome/kde thing because when I do ...

# david@mutt:~$ ll .xsession-errors
# -rw-r--r-- 1 david david 7058 2006-10-21 08:43 .xsession-errors

... I see that .xsession-errors hasn't been touched in over 2 months
which is when I last fired up gnome (I usually use fluxbox).

--
David Hart <debian@tonix.org>