[Solved] Re: How to cool my cpu temperature?

เมื่อ ศ. 2007-01-05 เวลา 22:57 -0800, Marc Shapiro เขียนว่า:
Cybe R. Wizard wrote:
> Marc Shapiro <mshapiro_42@yahoo.com>  said:
>
>> I can claim firsthand experience with exactly that.  Box overheated.
>> Fried capacitors.  Required new motherboard and CPU.  Fortunately I
>> was able to get a similar MB, only slight upgrade, so I was able to
>> use my old memory and  didn't have to replace that, too.  If the
>> problem is the power supply (mine was) it is much cheaper to replace
>> the PS now than the MB in a few weeks.  Other fans and heatsinks are
>> still less expensive than a new CPU (and, possibly, MB).
>>

> I had much the same experience but my loss was total.  That brings up
> the question of how to tell if the PS is going out.  My motherboard had
> fan, temp and voltage sensors that I /finally/ got working but the PS
> didn't seem to be represented in those.  Are there physical hints
> pre-death (enough pre-death for box salvage) for a power supply?

I had been hearing whining on and off from my PS for at least a few
weeks.  If I had paid attention to it I could have picked up a PS
locally for about $35 and avoided the hassle, cost and downtime.  I now
have mbmon installed to check the temp and fan speed.  My new processor
seems to run very cool, however.  I don't think I have seen it hit 40C
yet and I keep it running 24/7.  It is an AMD Mobile AMD Athlon(tm) XP-M
Processor 2800+.

--
Marc Shapiro
mshapiro_42@yahoo.com

The heat increase because cpu run in full speed. So I enable cpufreq scaling and install cpufreqd deamon
The cpufreqd control cpu frequency by rule in configuration file. So I can insert rule to reduce frequency when hight cpu temperature.

Kan