Re: emacs, UTF-8, japanese -- how?

On Thu, Jan 04, 2007 at 03:53:53PM +0100, Sven Arvidsson wrote:
> On Thu, 2007-01-04 at 09:22 -0500, hendrik@topoi.pooq.com wrote:
> > Hmmm.  my etch AMD-64 system also says it uses emacs 21.4.1.... Has
> > emacs become static?  Do I need a post-etch emacs?
>
> Try the emacs-snapshot packages. I'm not sure if they are in etch or
> only in unstable.

It's in unstable.  That's not a big problem on the etch machine, but
not a lot of use on sarge (I've been unsuccessfully trying to upgrade
that machine to etch for several months now.)

But I've found a sarge emacs-snapshot backport on
http://people.debian.org/~terpstra/message/20060519.185655.e5e376b3.en.html.
I wouldn't have known to look for emacs-snapshot without your reply.
Thanks.

-- hendrik